Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 54

Thread: Spring Meet - Livonia- 04/09/2011

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Somewhere Up In There
    Posts
    209

    Spring Meet - Livonia- 04/09/2011

    Hey guys,

    So I'm trying to organize a Midwest meet for another website (www.toyotanation.com), and I think it would be interesting if the local people from this forum could be a part of this as well. This would be a great opportunity for you to bring your project car out of hibernation and show it off for the first time of the season! Despite the roots of this meet being in a Toyota website, it's not limited to Toyotas only, any make/model is welcome!! Let's make this a great meet guys!

    Date: Saturday, April 9th @ 2:00 P.M.

    Location: Panera Bread in the Millenium Plaza off of I-96:


    28551 Schoolcraft Road
    Livonia, MI 48150

    Once you grab your coffee, we will convene in this portion of the lot. The Panera is labelled as C in the map.


    Things To Do: Meet and Greet. If there is enough interest, possible a cruise down Hines Drive.

    NO BURNOUTS, EXCESSIVE REVVING OR LOUD MUSIC! We don't want to attract police attention

    Rolling Xceed Sign Up Sheet:

    -projektvertx
    -hwa786
    -fireshroom
    -ZX2escort
    -inder

    Rolling Toyotanation Sign Up Sheet:

    -Punks_Not_Dead_5 (ON, Canada)
    -Arabianobsession (WI)
    -Johnnash (MI)
    -toyotaman15 (IL)

    Post with any question or to add your name! Let's make this happen
    Last edited by projektvertx; 03-26-2011 at 11:50 PM.
    I mod my Camry because I'm too cheap to go out and buy a real sports car

    Quote Originally Posted by Mattrix View Post
    One time I took a sticker off and my engine fell out.
    Quote Originally Posted by subie cop View Post
    I think things just fall off his car randomly....

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    611
    Here is an update for you Ameer, guys from e90post.com are coming, and guys from a2sportcompacts.com are willing to come as well!
    2008 BMW 328xi Sedan - Montego Blue Metallic

  3. #3
    Distinguished Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Canton, MI
    Posts
    5,981
    This is close enough that I might attend. My cars aren't too pretty though.
    Dennis
    '14 Mustang V6 6MT
    '94 Miata M-Edition
    '05 SV650S

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Romulus
    Posts
    390
    I'm down. Put me down for rollin out
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT: Solo Axle Backs, Magnaflow X-Pipe

    Owner of Elite IT Solutions
    inder.itsolutions@gmail.com

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Somewhere Up In There
    Posts
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by ZX2scort View Post
    This is close enough that I might attend. My cars aren't too pretty though.
    It's all good On another note, I think I might have seen your Escort rolling around town, does it have gunmetal-ish rims by any chance?
    I mod my Camry because I'm too cheap to go out and buy a real sports car

    Quote Originally Posted by Mattrix View Post
    One time I took a sticker off and my engine fell out.
    Quote Originally Posted by subie cop View Post
    I think things just fall off his car randomly....

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Somewhere Up In There
    Posts
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by hwa786 View Post
    Here is an update for you Ameer, guys from e90post.com are coming, and guys from a2sportcompacts.com are willing to come as well!
    Thanks man! Let's make this an interesting meet!
    I mod my Camry because I'm too cheap to go out and buy a real sports car

    Quote Originally Posted by Mattrix View Post
    One time I took a sticker off and my engine fell out.
    Quote Originally Posted by subie cop View Post
    I think things just fall off his car randomly....

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    611
    Looookin good Ameer! TurboSpecC from e90post, put him on the list
    2008 BMW 328xi Sedan - Montego Blue Metallic

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    1,189
    Chances of you guys getting kicked out are roughly 100 percent.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Somewhere Up In There
    Posts
    209
    ^ And why do you say that?
    I mod my Camry because I'm too cheap to go out and buy a real sports car

    Quote Originally Posted by Mattrix View Post
    One time I took a sticker off and my engine fell out.
    Quote Originally Posted by subie cop View Post
    I think things just fall off his car randomly....

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    1,189
    Quote Originally Posted by projektvertx View Post
    ^ And why do you say that?
    Because it's Livonia and they don't take well to this kinda of stuff.

    However, if its not a huge turnout you guys might be fine.

  11. #11
    Distinguished Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Canton, MI
    Posts
    5,981
    Quote Originally Posted by projektvertx View Post
    It's all good On another note, I think I might have seen your Escort rolling around town, does it have gunmetal-ish rims by any chance?
    Yep, click the link in my sig to see my 2 cars.

    What do you drive? Have any pics? Who knows, I might have seen you too.
    Dennis
    '14 Mustang V6 6MT
    '94 Miata M-Edition
    '05 SV650S

  12. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Somewhere Up In There
    Posts
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by G8GT594 View Post
    Because it's Livonia and they don't take well to this kinda of stuff.

    However, if its not a huge turnout you guys might be fine.
    It is a dead lot... I seem to be meeting a wall of resistance to the location....
    I mod my Camry because I'm too cheap to go out and buy a real sports car

    Quote Originally Posted by Mattrix View Post
    One time I took a sticker off and my engine fell out.
    Quote Originally Posted by subie cop View Post
    I think things just fall off his car randomly....

  13. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Somewhere Up In There
    Posts
    209
    Cool Yeah, I drive a special Camry Dropped, only one I've seen around here with a projector retrofit Here is the most recent picture I have, as I call if "A permanent work in progress":



    I mod my Camry because I'm too cheap to go out and buy a real sports car

    Quote Originally Posted by Mattrix View Post
    One time I took a sticker off and my engine fell out.
    Quote Originally Posted by subie cop View Post
    I think things just fall off his car randomly....

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    2,620
    G8GT594 is right. I work for the City of Livonia, and I know how the Police are. If the crowd is around 5 people, you might be fine. Any more, causes attention, and I will gaurantee the cops will pay us a visit. You don't have any kind of permission to be in that lot at all? You might be able to keep under the radar if you guys were in a parking lot that had businesses open. Either way, you can expect me to be there, but don't expect me to be a liason for the group when the police show up!

  15. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Somewhere Up In There
    Posts
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by TOreDEFINE View Post
    G8GT594 is right. I work for the City of Livonia, and I know how the Police are. If the crowd is around 5 people, you might be fine. Any more, causes attention, and I will gaurantee the cops will pay us a visit. You don't have any kind of permission to be in that lot at all? You might be able to keep under the radar if you guys were in a parking lot that had businesses open. Either way, you can expect me to be there, but don't expect me to be a liason for the group when the police show up!
    I don't expect that of you either, I wouldn't ask you to put yourself on the line with the cops That is right on the edge of Livonia, it can be moved nearby out of their jurisdiction, but any ideas?
    I mod my Camry because I'm too cheap to go out and buy a real sports car

    Quote Originally Posted by Mattrix View Post
    One time I took a sticker off and my engine fell out.
    Quote Originally Posted by subie cop View Post
    I think things just fall off his car randomly....

  16. #16
    Distinguished Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Wish I knew
    Posts
    11,208
    I wont have any thing done by then. If I am in town I will stop by. Though it sounds like it won't last long.
    Live to drive, drive to live
    '88 Fiero Formula "Interceptor": round 2: http://www.xceedspeed.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=167270
    '79 Monza Spyder "Project Interceptor X" aka Ludicrous Speed "You know how it goes, piece from here, piece from there" http://www.xceedspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53372
    '06 Speedway Blue XR http://www.xceedspeed.com/forums/sho...=1#post4490128
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Livonia
    Posts
    2,519
    Not sure if my car will be on the road again by then but I live like 15min away lol
    09 Jet Black Saab 9-3T SWEDED
    Cut|Mend|Swap ~Impossible is for the Weak

  18. #18
    Distinguished Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    westland michigan
    Posts
    5,029
    Car should be mobile by then and I live on the other side of livonia so ill go
    ]$BOSH$[
    2014 DODGE DART RALLYE- dd
    97 eclipse spyder GST(X?)
    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2626/...cf20947e_m.jpg

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    2,620
    Quote Originally Posted by projektvertx View Post
    I don't expect that of you either, I wouldn't ask you to put yourself on the line with the cops That is right on the edge of Livonia, it can be moved nearby out of their jurisdiction, but any ideas?
    We could meet at the Wal-Mart at Plymouth and Middlebelt, or the new Wal-Mart at 7mile and Middlebelt. They are massive parking lots, and we could find our own corner. But those locations are still in Livonia, I don't know the area other than that

  20. #20
    Distinguished Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Canton, MI
    Posts
    5,981
    Quote Originally Posted by TOreDEFINE View Post
    G8GT594 is right. I work for the City of Livonia, and I know how the Police are. If the crowd is around 5 people, you might be fine. Any more, causes attention, and I will gaurantee the cops will pay us a visit. You don't have any kind of permission to be in that lot at all? You might be able to keep under the radar if you guys were in a parking lot that had businesses open. Either way, you can expect me to be there, but don't expect me to be a liason for the group when the police show up!
    This gives me an idea, just throwing it out there.

    Rather than meet at an abandoned parking lot where we will attract police attention, would anyone be up for meeting at a nearby restaurant instead? We could all meet up there, hang out for a bit, then cruise Hines Drive, then afterwards we can head back to the restaurant for dinner.

    Here's a list of a few restaurants close by.

    Logan's Roadhouse
    28599 Schoolcraft Road
    Livonia, MI 48150

    Panera Bread
    28551 Schoolcraft Road
    Livonia, MI 48150

    Leo's Coney Island
    28511 Schoolcraft Road
    Livonia, MI 48150

    Olive Garden
    14000 Middlebelt Rd
    Livonia, MI 48154

    IHOP
    14200 Middlebelt Road
    Livonia, MI 48150

    Outback Steakhouse
    29441 5 Mile Road
    Livonia, MI 48154

    Steak 'n Shake
    17200 Middlebelt Road
    Livonia, MI 48152
    Dennis
    '14 Mustang V6 6MT
    '94 Miata M-Edition
    '05 SV650S

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •